Mumbai is very much successful in providing you with easy access to top-notch quality places which are worth visiting at least once in a lifetime. This particular city of dreams is very much popular across the globe and some of the basic places that you need to visit in this particular area after planning your stay in Taj lands end Mumbai has been very well explained as follows:
- Gateway of India: This place was constructed during British rule in the year 1924 and is one of the best possible places to be visited in the entire city. This place has been very well placed along the Arabian Sea and is very easily overlooking the harbor of Mumbai. It has been specifically designed in the Indian architectural style and was Millie constructed with the motive of memorizing the visit of King George five and Queen Mary to Bombay. The construction of this particular place to approximately four years and the place is known as a prime attraction in the city of Mumbai. This place has been very well placed in the Colaba area of South Mumbai and is very close to the Elephanta caves which is another very important tourist place in the city.
- Elephanta caves: This is a UNESCO World Heritage site which is located around 11 km to the northeast direction of Gateway of India. The caves are located on the island known as GHARAPURI and the city of Mumbai is also known as the city of caves. This is one of the most important places to be visited in the city so that everyone will be able to take complete advantage of the rock art culture of India. The ancient archaeological relics are proof that this particular city is very much successful in providing people with a rich cultural past. All of these caves are made between the fifth and sixth century AD and although there are seven excavation caves here the most important one is gate number one.
- KANHERI caves: This is lying inside the Sanjay Gandhi National Park and is also very much famous to be visited in Mumbai. This place is located on the western outskirts of the city and is the perfect collection of rock-cut architecture remains. This place is very well dedicated to the Buddhist religion, culture as well as art and has been very much successful in providing people with easy access to the best possible rock formations. It includes approximately 109 caves which were built between the first and 10th centuries.
- ChhatrapatiShivajiVastuSangrahalaya: It is a very famous place to be visited near the Gateway of India and is probably one of the biggest museums in Mumbai city. It is very much successful in showcasing artifacts from all over the nation and was built in the year 1923. Basically, this particular place is a perfect combination of the British, Hindu, and Islamic styles of architecture and includes more than 50,000 memories from ancient Indian history along with other nations. This place has been very well divided into three sections art, archaeology, and natural history. The museum is also very much successful in displaying the artifacts of the Indian Valley civilization which very well include the multiple ancient dynasties of India.
- Jehangir Art Gallery: This place was inaugurated on 21st January 1952 and is very well placed right behind the ChhatrapatiShivajiMaharajVastuSangrahalaya. This gallery is a very important venue for art lovers so that they can show cast their works and ultimately this will be a perfect sense of achievement in life. This place includes exhibition halls and the popularity as well as the prestige of the gallery can be very easily noticed from the fact that popular artists have to wait a couple of months to showcase their work here. If you are a lover of the Earth, then this gallery is a very important place to be visited.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park: If you are fond of wildlife then definitely you need to have a good understanding of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park because it should be on your list. Formally this place was famous by the name of BORIVALI National Park and ultimately is one of the best places to be visited. The reachability of the flowers and wildlife pretty in this place attracts a significantly good number of visitors every year which makes this particular place very much popular. This area has been spread across 10 4 km² of the area and is home to more than 40 species of mammals, 38 species of reptiles, and 50,000 species of insects.
- Siddhivinayak Temple: This is one of the most important places to be visited in the city of Mumbai and ultimately is very well located in the Prabhadevi area near Dadar railway station. This place was constructed in 1881 and Temple receives approximately thousands of people on daily basis as pilgrims. This particular beautiful place includes the idol of the Lord in Blackstone who is standing in the middle and on both sides of the idol there are idols of the better halves of Lord Riddhi and Siddhi.
- Mahalakshmi Temple: This particular place is one of the most important places to be visited and is one of the best religious sites in Mumbai. The temple is very well dedicated to Mahalaxmi and is capable of attracting the followers of the goddess of wealth in a very significantly well-planned number. The idols of Goddess Mahalakshmi, Goddess Mahakali, and gods Mahasaraswati are very well-beautified with the best possible necklaces, bangles, and nose rings. This place is witnessing heavy pilgrim crowds during the Navratri festival and the complex of the temple also includes some small stalls which are selling garlands that can be easily used by the devotees during the worship.
Hence, planning the visit to the city of Mumbai and ultimately planning the stay in Tajlands end Mumbai is definitely a very good idea for the people so that everyone will be able to enjoy a lot and can have the best trip of their lifetime.
To know more about keep reading Apzo’s blog.