Molds are commonly found in damp and humid places, such as walls and foundations. They are present on many natural items we come into contact with regularly, including wood and leaf litter. Molds make foods unsafe to eat, so you might be wondering if you need to call a mold specialist when they grow up to cracks and collect around your shower walls. Read on to find out what signs indicate you need help!
Why Contact a Mold Specialist?
When you live in an area with high levels of mold, it’s important to be proactive and get your house checked out. Here are some telltale signs that you may need to contact a mold specialist:
1. You’ve been experiencing respiratory problems-Mold can cause serious respiratory problems, including mucous flare-ups, chest tightness, pneumonia, and more. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s important to talk to your doctor about it. here you can call a mold specialist.
2. You’re noticing white patches on surfaces in your home-Mold can grow on many surfaces in your home, including wood and wallpaper. If you’re noticing white patches or spots on various surfaces in your home, it’s important to have them checked out by a professional.
3. You’ve got a mysterious odor-Many smell associated with mold can be unpleasant, but some are especially alarming. If you notice an especially bad odor coming from your home or any areas that contain mold growth, it’s important to get help from a professional as soon as possible.
Signs of Mold Presence
If you have any of the following signs that you may need to contact a specialist, it’s time to take action:
1. You see spores or black spots on surfaces in your home or office.
2. You experience symptoms such as coughing, fatigue, shortness of breath, or fever.
3. You see evidence of mold growth in structures such as air vents, ceiling tiles, and plumbing systems.
4. You’ve had repeated water damage or a problem with asthma or allergies particularly if the specialists have been called in to deal with mold growth.
Facts about Mold
Mold is typically found in damp areas like attics, basements, and crawl spaces. It can also occur outdoors if moisture gets trapped inside structures.
Signs of Mold growth may include:
-Soothing, musty odors
-Pseudomonas or other bacteria growth
-Feeling wet, slimy, or covered in a sticky film
-Structural damage to the building
You may also like – 10 Lighting Services You Need In Your Building
Getting Advice from a Professional
If you are noticing any of the following symptoms, it is time to seek professional help:
1. Acres of damaged property- Whether it’s mold growing on walls or ceilings, leaks in the roofing system, or damage to electronics and other equipment, if you’re seeing a lot of damage that seems to be increasing over time, it may be time to consult with a professional.
2. Becoming sick- If you’re feeling really sick all the time, especially with fever and respiratory problems, it could be because of exposure to mold. Contact a doctor if this is the case.
3. Difficulty breathing- If you’re having a lot of trouble breathing or your breathing is irregular, it could be because you’ve been exposed to high concentrations of mold spores. Please see a doctor for help determining if you need to be tested for mold exposure.
4. Allergies- If you’re experiencing congestion and sneezing attacks in response to certain environmental triggers such as mold spores, this could indicate an allergy to mold. Seek medical attention if this is the case.
5. Sudden financial problems- Unless you know for sure that there’s a causal connection between your financial problems and exposure to mold.