Healthcare providers need a good Electronic Medical Record (EMR) System to streamline workflow and reduce workload. An EMR is the best and easiest way to keep track of patient care. So which Software is better, nextgen Meditouch vs. Onetouch EMR? Although the two software programs have similar features, they have some significant differences. Read further to learn about the numerous benefits of each Software.
What Makes NextGen Meditouch Different from Other EMR?
NextGen Meditouch is a cloud-based EMR Software designed for private practices. Next Gen offers an integrated practice management solution that includes strong-specific content, a claims clearinghouse, and an easy-to-utilize patient portal. In addition, it supports a tablet, or laptop (Apple or Windows), is touchscreen-enabled, compatible with all browsers, and is HIPAA compliant.
The System offers MIPS dashboards/reporting, automated insurance claims, empowers patients to book appointments, request refills/forums, fix telehealth visits, and connects the care team through direct messaging and referral exchange. In addition, with Software, providers can communicate or type encounter notes directly into the clinical documentation.
- Dashboard: The Software aims to make things easier for users, and the unified Dashboard promises to achieve that. The nextGen Dashboard is designed with the mindset that Doctors are constantly busy with workflow. With this Dashboard, you can access all the features because there is a centralized screen with easy-to-use, clear images.
- Patient Portal: A patient portal generates user convenience, which is now required for EMR. It reduces a load of administrative duties while simultaneously assisting patients. This feature allows You to alleviate some burdens while simultaneously helping patients. With this Software, patients can view their reports and appointments, download medical papers, fill out electronic forms, schedule new appointments and obtain lab results from the hospital’s website. And this makes NextGen an excellent choice to adopt this Software.
- Interoperability: This feature allows patient access because it links the program to other healthcare providers and adds you to the network. It lets you refer patients to specialists and obtain medical records from previous doctors for review. This feature also allows users to access information from data, identify ailments, and develop the optimal treatment plan.
- Optimized Appointments: this feature allows a medical clinic can schedule appointments and see more patients in a single day. It ensures patient presence by sending them alerts or reminders before their scheduled appointment.
- Clinical Summaries: This allows doctors to download the clinical summary with EMR and saves time reading a full medical report. Also, they can quickly read through the diagnosis and treatment plan, and the option of encounter summaries helps the doctor to know details of previous doctor visits. It also allows doctors to share data with their colleagues to get a second thought on critical cases. The function is intended to assist and reduce medical professionals’ workload.
- E-Prescription: The e-prescribing tool in EMR helps you detect prescription combinations, dosage issues, and patient situations. Using this EHR, medical professionals can make digital prescriptions and send them to patients’ preferred pharmacies. This feature is beneficial for both medical professionals and their patients.
NextGen’s cloud-based EMR is cost-effective; its price starts from $299 to $549 per provider per month.
Specifications of NextGen EMR
NextGen Meditouch works on any tablet, or laptop (Apple or Windows), is touchscreen-enabled, compatible with all browsers, and is HIPAA compliant.
NextGen Integration with OnBase provides you with Paperless front-office registration, An electronic forms designer that allows business units to create their forms, capture of High- key data and influential user viewers, Automated workflow and automatic capture of documents, and Integration with other systems and platforms such as ERPs, Microsoft Outlook and home-grown applications.
NextGen EHR software is used to streamline clinical, administrative, and financial workflow at medical setups. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)-compliant cloud-based electronic medical records (EMR) platform. It is Real-time eligibility verification whereas, according to a few reviews, it is inconsistent user experience from web browser to mobile app and Lacks fuller Integration for multiple suites. Updating the Software is a headache.
What is good about OneTouch EMR?
It is a cloud-based EMR solution designed to cater to the needs of Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, and General Practitioners to manage a patient’s medical history. OneTouch EMR is an ONC-ATCB Certified solution- that can be used by physicians looking to qualify for Meaningful Use.
The answer is designed to facilitate doctors in reimbursement by managing overall note-taking capabilities and providing a virtual Encrypt-and-MAC coding assistant; its key features are;
- Dashboard: This feature gives physicians a daily view of the schedule, orders, labs, patient information, and more and lets them organize from an integrated space.
- Calendar: A calendar feature of this solution provides up to five providers’ schedules simultaneously and allows for schedule altering and creating appointments.
- Encounter Summary: with this feature, physicians can encounter relevant patient information and get a complete picture when deciding on treatment.
- Communications: This feature lets providers communicate with coworkers or patients in-platform. It allows phone calls to be made from a patient’s chart, with internal faxing and sending documents to internal and external locations.
- Billing: A superbill feature is attached to the patient encounter summary, and the Service level can be selected from a drop-down list. After approval from the admin, Superbills can be exported as a PDF or printed.
- Reports: Reports like labs, prescription refills, clinical, meaningful use, and health maintenance can be generated in-platform and exported.
- Treatment Plans: This feature allows patients to enroll in health maintenance plans, fill prescriptions, and request orders from outside facilities. This solution also supports labs and procedure request management.
- Orders and Lab Feed: It tracks all orders and lab requests, and its Search filters allow providers to sort through their demands and requests for administration purposes.
OneTouch EMR offered a monthly subscription pricing model in addition to one-time setup fees.
OneTouch EMR can be accessed remotely via mobile devices on different operating systems like iOS and Android. And it offers customer support via online chat, tutorial videos, and phone.
Recommended – 2022 Project Management Tools – Slack Pricing Vs Aha Pricing
The Software can integrate seamlessly with various practice management and billing solutions or offer within the suite of the OneTouch EMR system that includes scheduling, appointment reminders, document management, lab orders, e-prescribing, integrated fax, and more.
Which software to select Nextgen Meditouch Vs. Onetouch EMR? Final thought
Nextgen Meditouch EMR is a better choice if you are a practicing physician. Onetouch EMR is simple and instinctive Software designed to allow you to chart faster than other EMR systems currently on the market. In the end, the selection of Software eventually depends on the medical specialist and clinical requirements. We have written down all you want to be aware of, so pick that you will choose the best one.