Braces have been the traditional way to correct teeth alignment for many years. However, Invisalign has become a popular alternative in recent years.
Both braces and Invisalign are used to move teeth into a better position, but there are apparent differences between the two. Since more and people are opting for Invisalign these days, it might make you wonder, is Invisalign treatment better than braces?
And will it be a better choice for you too? We sought help from Dr. LavoygerGies from Gies Family Dentistry in San Antonio, Txto find the answer. And here is everything we found out about Invisalign and braces.
How Are Invisalign And Braces Different?
The traditional braces are made of metal brackets that are attached to the teeth with wires and rubber bands. They are the original orthodontic appliance and have been used for several decades now to correct various orthodontic issues.
Invisalign on the other hand is made of clear plastic aligners that fit over the teeth. These aligners are custom-made through computer imaging and are suitable for mild to moderate cases of malocclusion, tooth gaps, and crooked teeth.
Every few weeks, a new set of aligners is used to continue exerting pressure on the teeth for them to move. Both treatments work by using dental appliances to apply controlled pressure on the teeth, which moves them into the desired position and makes your teeth look well-aligned.
Is Invisalign The Better Choice?
This is quite subjective as different patients require a different solutions. Although both braces and Invisalign can correct teeth alignment, there are some advantages to choosing Invisalign over traditional braces.
● The difference between braces and Invisalign is that braces are metal brackets that are glued to the teeth, while Invisalign is a series of clear aligners that fit over the teeth. So you can take off the aligners whenever you like.
● Braces may be less expensive in the long run, but they can be more socially stigmatizing. Invisalign aligners are invisible so they offer more discretion to patients.
● With traditional braces, it is quite common for the food to get stuck within the wires and metal brackets which restricts your dietary choices. Invisalign on the other hand can be removed before meals giving you the freedom to eat whatever you like.
● While both methods require proper cleaning and care, with metal braces, you have to make regular visits to the dentist’s office to fix broken wires or adjust their positioning. Invisalign proves to be much more convenient as the aligners are replaced every few weeks and thus require no dental visits.
● Several patients who use metal braces complain about the wires causing minor cuts and scratches in the mouth. Invisalign is made of soft, plastic and thus is much more comfortable to wear.
So as you see, there are pros and cons to both options but with Invisalign, the pros outweigh the cons by a huge margin. They are comfortable to wear and thus suitable for adults and teens who lead busy lifestyles.
Should You Get Invisalign?
While Invisalign may seem like a better choice due to its convenience, not everyone is a good candidate for it. So you need to visit a dentist to evaluate your teeth and figure out which method works best. To Get Invisalign braces in San Antonio, Tx, you can visit Dr. Gies at Gies Dental Clinic. He is an expert cosmetic dentist who will help you choose the best possible treatment based on your budget, needs, and preferences.
So call Gies Dental today or visit their website to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gies for Invisalign braces.