Social media started as a source of communication, and is now pioneering as the beacon of efficient marketing techniques. Everyday people spend so many hours scrolling through social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Snapchat, to connect with others and to create and consume digital content. Businesses and brands have also realised the tremendous potential of social media and now use it to market their products or services, and reach their target audience.
According to statista.com, there will be around 3.43 billion monthly active social media users by 2023, which is more than 40% of the world population. Businesses have realised that social media is where the mass audience is, and thus it is the perfect channel for brand promotion. Social media is also an easy and inexpensive way of marketing and advertising. It helps businesses increase brand awareness, connect with potential customers, and boost sales.
Lately, organisations have started looking for professionals skilled in social media tools and brand promotion. To cater to this need, online education platforms are also coming out with a social media training course of their own. These courses equip students with knowledge of SEO, tools, brand promotion, marketing, and a lot more.
Students are also taking keen interest in this as being a social media manager also has some charm associated with it. Not just a social media manager, such courses open doors for you related to various jobs. Often, the salary is good as these roles demand a lot of effort and responsibility from the candidates. In this article, we’ll be discussing some of the best social media jobs to look out for in 2022, so have a look.
Social Media Director
- The work of a social media director is to oversee the entire digital and social media marketing of the company.
- They design marketing plans to improve brand awareness, brand loyalty and achieve bigger market shares.
- They develop marketing strategies using social media for helping individual departments accomplish their respective goals.
- They utilise various social media tools to spread awareness about the products, discounts, offers, launch events, etc.
Average Salary: ₹8,25,000 [Source: Payscale]
Recommended: 7 Steps To Becoming A Social Entrepreneur
Marketing Communication Manager
- The work of a marketing communication manager is to manage and supervise the marketing activities of the company.
- Their primary goal is to create a loyal customer base by working on customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- They design, develop and implement the marketing and advertising strategies and campaigns, which are designed as per the requirements and preferences of the target audience.
- They analyse the market and the competitors to help the company gain a strong foothold in the market.
- They oversee the performance and activities of the marketing staff and train them with the company’s policies, vision, and goals.
Average Salary: ₹8,40,571 [Source: Payscale]
Social Media Consultant
- Social Media Consultants have combined expertise in entrepreneurship and social media marketing. They are well-versed with the ins and outs of all the social media channels.
- They use their knowledge to help businesses, entrepreneurs, and non-profit organisations to grow their brand reach.
- They develop and run social media campaigns, create strategies, and manage the social media channels of businesses.
- They work to improve customer-brand engagement, create a constant traffic flow, and gain customer loyalty.
Average Salary: ₹5,70,231 [Source: Glassdoor]
- The work of a content manager is to create an online presence of the brand through engaging and informative multimedia content.
- They develop content strategies, themes, review the written or video content work, and set deadlines for different projects.
- They manage the content team & freelancers, and also provide creative and technical support to the writers, editors, graphic designers, and other members of the creative team.
Average Salary: ₹5,52,010 [Source: Payscale]
Also, Read: 5 Tips On Marketing Daycare Centers For Startups
- The work of an SEO manager is to oversee, coordinate, and manage search engine marketing campaigns for the company.
- They have to create strategies and leverage tools that can help the company’s product or content to rank at the top positions of the search engine results.
- They perform SEO analysis, keyword research, and monitor the KPIs to understand the search engine ranking of the company.
- Based on the ranking, they create SEO goals to improve ranking, increase traffic, and hence increase the revenue influx.
Average Salary: ₹5,46,462 [Source: Payscale]
- Community Managers are the face of the company. They handle everything from social media marketing and PR to content creation and customer relation.
- Those who have strong and loyal followers over time can apply as community managers for brands or businesses.
- Their work is to come up with smart strategies, plan events or meet-ups in the community, and interact with the customers, clients, and the media.
- They also write blogs, newsletters, and other forms of communication for the company.
Note that open positions online community manager can be viewed on the site Jooble.
Average Salary: ₹4,50,000 [Source: Payscale]
Social Media Strategist
Social media strategists are responsible for looking for social media trends that can be integrated with business strategies. As the web is highly dynamic, decisions cannot be made based on hunches. It requires a good knowledge of analytics and algorithm processes.
Some of their daily responsibilities include tasks like:
- Creating social media strategies for various online platforms.
- Developing promotions and interacting with the audience.
- Coordinating with other experts like copywriters to create social media posts.
- Analysing data to discover the efficiency of the running campaigns.
Average Salary: ₹3,54,900 [Source: Payscale]
Same As: 10 Highest Paying IT Jobs
Social Media Analyst
- The work of a social media analyst is to build and implement social media strategies and campaigns for the organisation.
- They stay updated with the social media marketing trends to stay one step ahead of the competition.
- They use social media tools to support different social media plans and monitor & assess campaign performance.
Average Salary: ₹3,05,713 [Source: Payscale]
Here we have mentioned some of the top-paying social media jobs, though this list is not exhaustive. These jobs offer lucrative careers and are reputed among various departments of an organisation. Social media jobs also provide you the opportunity to be your own boss by working as an influencer or content creator.
Social media is a very useful tool, which, if used carefully with practice and patience, can help you earn by simply being social media savvy. However, one needs to take care that this role is very demanding and there will be multiple instances when you will be working beyond time limits. So analyse all parameters carefully and make a good choice.