Welcome to The Roundup, our monthly compendium of Amazon news and Amazon Advertising. In this issue, we’re excited to share Amazon’s newly released shopping insights. In addition, we recently introduced four new Climate Pledge Friendly certifications, and Amazon has committed to hiring more than 100,000 US military veterans and spouses by 2024.
2021 Amazon Shopping Trends
The latest year-over-year Amazon shopping data provides a snapshot of what Americans are doing now compared to last year. The data reflects an absolute change. In 2020, customers flocked to puzzles, garden tools, kitchen gadgets, headphones, exercise bikes, and other products to help keep them healthy and entertained at home. But at least one trend during the pandemic is here to stay. The purchase of sweatshirts, leggings and all sportswear increased in 2020, and these sales continue to be very strong. After an unprecedented year, many Americans are adjusting back to normal routines. Consequently, shopping habits have changed and reflect how people across the United States feel, spend time, and even celebrate.
The latest data from Amazon also offers insights into what to expect for the rest of 2021 and beyond. Check out some trends below and find all the insights here.
- Amazon wedding table gift delivery and sales of event and party supplies more than doubled year-over-year
- Outdoor furniture sales nearly doubled
- Pants sales jumped more than 60% and jewellery sales nearly tripled year-over-year
- Sportswear sales increased by more than 50% year-over-year; top categories include sports bottoms (40% increase), sports tops (45% increase) and leggings (90% increase)
- Sales of outdoor and camping products increased by more than 130% year-over-year.
- Sportswear sales increased by more than 40% year-over-year
- Sales of cargo management, outdoor accessories and RV maintenance products more than doubled year-over-year
Deep analysis of connected consumers
In February 2021, the number of US households with Internet TV-connected devices reached 77%, representing a 4% growth over the previous year. 1 If you’re an advertiser looking to reach this growing audience in relevant and impactful ways that elevate your brand message, it’s important to develop a deeper understanding of your brand.
To dig deeper into connected consumers, Amazon Advertising worked with 3,000 Americans ages 18-64, which we broke down into three groups:
- General consumers represent all respondents who participated in our study.
- Connected consumers are respondents who report using a smart media device at least once a month, including smart TVs, smart speakers, smart displays, and streaming devices. Today, nearly two-thirds of Americans (64%) qualify as connected consumers.
- Amazon Video Connected Consumers are a subset of connected consumers who watch streaming TV content with Amazon ads at least once a month, including IMDb TV, Twitch, live sports on Prime Video, apps from major broadcasters and networks television, and the Amazon News app on Fire TV. 27% of connected consumers are Amazon video-connected consumers.
Read more News – Microsoft In Talks To Buy Discord For $10 Billion