It is Alienware 17in a laptop is a magnificent machine that packs a powerful punch. The laptop was launched in 2013, and the Alienware 17 is loaded with AMD Radeon HD R9 M290X graphics as well as an Intel Core processor i7-4700MQ.
It’s not the lightest of laptops with 9.15 pounds, but the 17.3-inch WLED and anti-Glare screen that has a resolution of 1920 1080 pixels more than makes the weight. If you’re an avid PC player or you require an efficient machine for your creative work then it is the Alienware 17 is definitely worth your time and cash.
Size:- 17.9 7.9 12.9 and 2.26-2.23 inches
Weight:- 9.15 Pounds
Screen size and type:- 17.3 Inches
Video output:- Full HD (1080p)
Audio output Speaker Peak:- 2W, Subwoofer Peak; 2.5W
Type of slot on a card:- 9-1 card reader
Speakers (if required):- 2 Klipsch speakers
Internal type of battery:- 8-cell battery
Operating system (if appropriate):- Windows 10 and Windows 11
Memory (if appropriate):- The supported configurations are 8GB, 12GB, and 16 GB
Storage:- 500GB HDD
Battery life:- 3 hours 36 mins
Charge:- time 2 hours
Warranty (if it is applicable):- 1-year warranty for hardware that is limited to one year.
The name is derived from the size of its screen, 17 inches, and 17-inch screen size, this Alienware 17 is a behemoth of a laptop however, it’s worth the price for both creative and avid gamers alike. If you look closer, you’ll see that the Alienware 17-inch laptops had the latest hardware features and were avant-garde.
“Where?” you might be asking. Dell discontinued the production of their Alienware 17 lineup to pave the way for their brand new lightweight and thin gaming laptops called the Alienware M15 and M17 series. Responding to the demand for more compact, powerful laptops that don’t sacrifice features the m15 and M17 series laptops are the successors to Alienware’s throne in gaming.
But that doesn’t mean it’s any less powerful. Alienware 17 is any less of a device. It’s still a formidable gaming laptop that can compete with the top laptops available today. If you’re in the market for an older or used model then the Alienware 17 is worth considering.
Date of Release and Price
Dell launched the first generation of its Alienware 17 laptop back in 2013. In the beginning, it was among the priciest gaming laptops priced at $2,699. Since the end of production in the year 2000, the cost for this model Alienware 17 came down significantly. It’s not unusual to find models for less than $1,000.The basic model of the Alienware 17 came with an Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor. It also had 8GB of DDR3 RAM and 500GB of hard disk. It was equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M graphics, with 2GB of VRAM. The model was sold for $1,499. The high-end buyers who needed more memory, and storage, as well as a higher-quality graphic device, might consider upgrading to one that has 32 GB of memory, 1TB of hard drive, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M graphics for $3,849.
The Alienware 17 was the first laptop from the company’s line-up that came with the 4th generation of Intel processors. The M17x model was refreshed. model the Alienware 17 featured a completely revamped chassis. This new model was more sleek and modern, featuring an aluminum frame and an illuminated keyboard.
A variety of models from Alienware 17 are still available for purchase. Alienware 17 lineups are still available to purchase. They include:
- Alienware 17 R2
- Alienware 17 R3
- Alienware 17 R4
- Alienware 17 R5
The most recent versions of Alienware’s 17-inch laptops include the M17R5 along with the X17 R2, both of which will be released in 2022.
Apart from the attractive 17-inch display The Alienware 17’s graphics and gaming abilities, Thunderbolt 3 support, and overall design. It’s quite a heavy-duty machine to carry around, but gamers will appreciate the additional screen space.
- Design Design: Alienware 17 has a sleek and contemporary design that’s a leap forward from its predecessor. The anodized aluminum alloy makes it feel sturdy and sturdy, while the keyboard with backlighting gives it the look and feel of a premium laptop. The soft-touch finish at the lid’s top provides an ideal background for the head of the alien along with LED stripes that are positioned across the side of the laptop.
- Audio Its Alienware 17 comes with Klipsch speakers that produce crisp and powerful audio. The bass is clear and full, while the highs are clear and clear. The grilles on the front of the laptop provide the laptop with a gaming-focused design, and the red-colored backlighting provides the look of a stylish.
- Display 17.3-inch Display: This 17.3-inch display is among the most impressive features of Alienware 17. It can display at 1920 x 1080 pixels and a speed of refresh at 60 Hz. The IPS monitor has large viewing angles as well as accurate color reproduction. The matte finish helps reduce reflections and glare.
- Ports The ports are bursting with ports, the Alienware 17 has everything you require to connect all of your devices. The left-hand side of the laptop has two USB 3.0 ports and a security lock. Headset jacks, microphones as well as a Mini Display Port, and a port to connect an adapter for power. The right side houses a Blu-ray player as well as a 9-in-1 card reader and 2 USB 3.0 ports as well as Gigabit Ethernet.
- Webcam with HTML0: Alienware 17’s 2.0-megapixel webcam breaks the mold of gaming laptops having webcams. The Creative Live! Central 3 software lets you create and edit videos while the camera takes crisp and clear 1080p images.
Size and Weight
Before we get to anything else let’s discuss its weight and portability or lack of it. With 9.15 kg and 17.9 inches by 12.9 inches 2.26-2.23 inches, it is clear that the Alienware 17 is a beast of a computer. It’s not difficult to carry around, however, it’s not something you’ll wish to carry around along during your morning commute. The good thing is the fact that weights are evenly distributed and the machine feels solid.
General Performance and Graphics
The endless AMD debate between AMD and. NVIDIA debate aside this Alienware 17 comes with an AMD Radeon HD M290X graphics card. While it’s not the most powerful available but it’s a decent card that will handle the majority of games with moderate to high settings. A test with 3DMark Fire Strike revealed a score of 4,727. That is more than 1,000 more than G750JX from Asus. G750JX.
The screen’s 1080p resolution is a remarkable feature. The quality of the images is crisp and clear while the 17.3-inch size offers ample space to take in the action. In terms of general performance, the quad-core Intel i7-4700MQ processor and 16GB RAM can handle multitasking without issue. It is possible to open multiple tabs within your web browser, watch videos or play games at the same time without any delays. A 500GB hard drive is also an advantage it gives you plenty of storage space for games as well as photos and videos. It is possible to upgrade to a larger capacity drive if you require more storage space.
With amazing features comes excellent drainage of the battery which is why that’s the case with Alienware 17 is no exception. The Alienware 17 is a gaming laptop so don’t be expecting amazing feats. The Alienware offers around 30 minutes and 3 mins of battery life while playing locally saved video in a loop.
This isn’t bad for the size of the device, but it’s not as long as the average for desktop replacements. The G750JX from Asus lasts for 4 hours and 57 mins and the MSI GT70 dies after 5 hours and 18 minutes.
The Alienware 17 indeed gets slightly hot under the collar while playing however it is never excessively uncomfortable for you to play. Certain games, such as “Battlefield 4”, cause the touchpad to become more hot than normal (about 85 degrees Fahrenheit) however, it’s not something a few minutes of cooling down won’t be able to solve. The bottom of your laptop may get a bit hot too.
Since the Alienware 17 is a gaming laptop, you can anticipate it to generate some sound. When you play videos in a loop the fans are virtually quiet. When gaming, however on a loop, the fan’s noise gets quite loud.
Alienware 17in Laptop: Pros and Cons
Here are the major Pros and Cons of the Alienware 17 laptop.
- Excellent gaming performance
- Durable build quality
- Keyboard with a comfortable design
- Excellent 1080p display
- Wide viewing angles
- Flashy design
- Noisy fans
- Runs hot
- Low battery life
- Expensive (for 2013 models)
If you’re reading of this Alienware 17″ laptop a gaming-focused 17-inch laptop packed with power and a stunning style, it’s not hard to be tempted to purchase this lavish machine. A closer look at this laptop shows a powerful and compact machine with a style certain to attract attention. However, it’s not without imperfections.
Also, Check – Clevo Pa71 Good Choice Or Not In 2022
Alienware 17in Laptop: Is It a Buy?
The best gaming experience won’t cost a lot. When compared to the latest models this Alienware 17 is a bit of an affordable price. It’s still a great machine that can play most games with high levels. Is it worth the price?
Buy It If…
If you’re a fan of collecting, you’ll want an item from the history of gaming.
2013 was a great year to buy gaming laptops including this model Alienware 17 was one of the tops. If you’re a big fan of the brand or are looking for an item that will stand the years then this is it. A collectible item.
You’re looking for a laptop constructed like the body of a tank
The Alienware 17 is one of the most solid laptops that we’ve looked at. It’s not the tiniest laptop available however it feels solid. It’s a great option when you’re in search of an item that can take abuse.
Don’t Buy It If…
- Are you looking for the most powerful laptop for gaming?
- The Alienware 17 is indeed a great machine, but better alternatives are available. If you’re looking to find the top, you may be interested in some of the latest models available. Take the Alienware M17-R5 as an example.
- You’re looking for a light machine
The Alienware 17in laptop is on the heavier side. It’s not the most efficient idea to put it in your bag all day long. A lighter device such as that the Razor Blade Pro 17 is the better choice.