Rajasthan is one of the most significant places from the perspective of tourism because of its numerous beautiful and magnificent destinations. If you have planned to spend your holidays in Rajasthan then you’re going to experience the best vacation of your life. But to make it a more inclusive tour experience you must have a proper plan or travel guide for Rajasthan. So that you can know about which places to visit, what things to do, suitable time to visit, which travel packages of Rajasthan to choose and many more.
Also because of the numerous availability of the places and things to do, you might get thinking about which areas need to be unleashed. So here is a promising Rajasthan travel guide for you for a vital tour experience.
Must visit places in Rajasthan
Rajasthan is full of adventurous, exciting, and beautiful places, you will never go out of plans in Rajasthan since there is always much more to explore. But there are some specific places in Rajasthan that can’t be avoided by any tourist. Some of the historically and culturally significant places in Rajasthan are top in the must-visit list.
- Mount Abu
Keep a travel guide to Rajasthan handy to explore more places in Rajasthan.
When to go to Rajasthan
The weather of Rajasthan is quite dry and warm. It is also considered as one of the hottest regions of India and also being the continental region it receives less rainfall. The summers in Rajasthan are often unbearable and the temperature goes really high but you can enjoy great nightlife at this time.
Although the summer season is not recommended to visit Rajasthan, still many of the tourists visit during this season for mainly two reasons. The first one is the cheap package availability during this season and the next one is the beautiful sunset and sunrise. So, if you want cheap accommodations in Rajasthan then you can choose to travel in summer.
Winter is the most preferred time to visit Rajasthan because of the moderate temperature and the arrival of the festive season. The months of October and November are most suitable when you will be able to explore the major festivals of Indian culture and their grand celebration in Rajasthan. So, make sure to decide the time and make a proper plan to guide your Rajasthan travel.
Weather of Rajasthan
One important reason that you must go through the Rajasthan travel guide before your tour is that it will direct you about the weather that will help you with your packing.
The weather in Rajasthan is very dry and hot generally. The rainfall is generally very less over here and you might also encounter loo during the summers. Make sure to pack cotton clothes and hat during summers. Similarly in winter, you can pack some winter clothes but you don’t have to go in heavy jackets.
Flights to Rajasthan
If you are arriving at New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata, or any one of the major cities in India, you will get a direct flight to Jodhpur, Jaipur, Udaipur. But if you want to directly land in Rajasthan then the Jaipur International Airport is where you should land. You can book a direct flight to the Jaipur airport that also connects other regions of Rajasthan through the airlines.
How many days does it takes to explore Rajasthan
Rajasthan is the largest state of India and has a variety of places to explore. There are massive forts, temples, monuments, markets, wildlife sanctuaries, and many more places to unleash. Although you cannot explore all of them in just one or two days. Still, you can explore most of them in 12 to 14 days. A 12 to 14 days tour to Rajasthan will be perfect to explore most of Rajasthan wherein you’ll get ample time to do all the fun and adventurous activities.
If you can plan a longer vacation then for sure you’ll get a chance to explore deeper about Rajasthan and know more about the Rajasthani culture and lifestyle.
Wildlife in Rajasthan
Although Rajasthan is well known for its magnificent Forts and temples, there are still ample activities that will surely seek your attraction, and exploring the wildlife of Rajasthan is one of those. To encounter the best natural beauty and Wildlife of Rajasthan, Ranthambore is the best place to visit. The national park at Ranthambore is well known for its tigers, you can also enjoy the wildlife Safari over there with the help of the tour guide in Rajasthan.
Apart from Ranthambore, Chittorgarh and Mount Abu are among the other places famous for wildlife and natural beauty respectively. Chittorgarh will give you a mixed exposure to the magnificent forts and wildlife of Rajasthan. Similarly, Mount Abu is another place that is significant for wildlife, landscapes, and natural beauty.
Places to explore wildlife in Rajasthan: Chambal National Sanctuary, Ranthambore national park, Darrah National Park, Keoladeo National Park.
Things to do in Rajasthan
A perfect guide to Rajasthan tour will always help you out with the activities that you must be engaged in while visiting Rajasthan. Since Rajasthan is one of the most significant places from a tourism point of view, there are lots of fun and adventurous activities to do here. Among those activities, there are some specific ones that you can never afford to miss on your tour to Rajasthan.
Activities You Must Enjoy in Rajasthan
- Explore the Palaces and Monuments: Rajasthan tour guide always begins with the listing of major forts because Rajasthan is famous for its Forts and Monuments and must visit places. These forts are embarking on history for their impermeability. Some of the major forts that you should never miss while on your Rajasthan tour are: Amber Fort, Chittorgarh Fort, Jaisalmer Fort, Umaid Bhawan, Mehrangarh Fort, Hawa Mahal, etc.
- Seek blessings in Ajmer Sharif: Ajmer Sharif Dargah is one of the famous Dargahs of the World where people from different parts of the world come to seek blessings. Apart from the Dargah there are several lakes, Dargah, and markets in the nearby area to explore.
- Desert Camping in Jaisalmer: Desert Camping is one of the most favorable activities to do in Rajasthan. It will bring you closer to the local lifestyle and also gives you the chance to enjoy the melodious folk songs of Rajasthan. This will be the best activity to enjoy the nightlife of Rajasthan.
- Shopping in the colorful markets: A tour is always incomplete without shopping because you can’t go bare handed from such a beautiful place which is famous for it’s ethical ornaments, dresses, carpets etc. A tour guide to Rajasthan will guide you best to the colourful Bazaar or Rajasthan especially in Pushkar, Jaisalmer, and Jaipur where you can buy from the thousands of available options.
Apart from these activities, you can also enjoy trekking, boating, riding hot air balloons, enjoy the delicious Rajasthani Cuisine, and many more things in Rajasthan.
Best tour Itinerary for Rajasthan
You can make your Rajasthan tour neater by Planning the best itinerary. For a marvelous experience, you need to plan 11 day and 10 nights trip to Rajasthan.
- You can start your trip from Delhi spending the first two days of your itinerary in Delhi and exploring the monuments and places over there.
- The third day will be perfect for exploring Jaipur where you can enjoy the city life and major monuments like Hawa Mahal.
- Mark the 4th day for Jaisalmer’s forts and the desert life excursion.
- The day 5 and 6 can be dedicated to religious travel in Pushkar and doing activities like boating in the famous Pushkar lakes.
- You can continue your 7th day in a religious place like Ajmer and pay a visit to Ajmer Sharif Dargah.
- From day 8th you can start exploring the natural beauty from the Mount Abu hill station.
- Continue your day 9 and 10 exploring wildlife at Chittorgarh and Ranthambore.
- Day 11 will be your flight back to Delhi where you can enjoy shopping in the markets of Delhi and finally take the flight back to home.